My Intelligent Tutor and Train The Teacher are thrilled to announce the 2022 annual poetry recital competition.
Memorise and recite 30 secs to 1 minute of a famous poem in English
Practice and record your video
Pay your entry fee of £20 and receive upload instructions
Receive your entry certificate by email
What you can win
First Prize in English £500
All candidates who submit a video will receive a personal entry certificate
Winners will be announced and contacted September 20th 2022
How is it judged?
The top ten recitals in English will be judged by a renowned academic and writer in the field of language
All poems will be
- between 30 seconds and 1 minute
- by a famous poet
- recited from memory alone
- not a simple rhyme poem
The criteria for judging all poems and the final ten are:
- To what extent does the candidate demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the poem? 10 points
- To what extent does the candidate clearly engage the listener with the language in the poem? 20 points
- To what extent is the candidate's voice and articulation dramatically effective? 30 points
- To what extent is the candidate's body language dramatically appropriate? 10 points
- To what extent is the candidate’s pronunciation of international standard? 10 points
- To what extent does the candidate demonstrate memory of the poem? 20 points
Simon is a University of Cambridge teacher trainer with many years of experience in delivering accredited training schemes such as CELTA and DELTA. He has worked with many well-respected organisations such as British Council, BBC and ELT publishers. Simon is an ELT consultant and curriculum developer.
Simon is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars and has provided professional consultancy and training to publishers, schools, universities, and educational institutions in Asia and around the world.
In a career spanning more than 27 years, Simon has gained a broad range of professional experience in developing innovative learning experiences for children, teens and adults, which incorporate leading-edge technology.
MA TESOL Sheffield Hallam University, 2012
DELTA International House, Barcelona 2000